With Rosh Hashanah in the near past and Yom Kippur on the horizon, it’s time for Canadian Jewry’s most important annual event: The Great Canadian Sermon Slam, hosted by Bonjour Chai.
Just like last year, we’re bringing you sermons from rabbis across the country to face off with their best sermons, speeches and spiels while vying for the grand prize: the Kiddush Cup. This year, you’ll hear from rabbis from across the country, including…
- Rabbi Lisa Grushcow, Temple Emanu-El Beth Sholom, Montreal
- Rabbi Dan Moskovitz, Temple Sholom, Vancouver
- Rabbi Jordan Shaner, Temple Sinai, Toronto
- Rabbi Steve Wernick, Beth Tzedec, Toronto
- Rabbi Baruch Frydman-Kohl, Kehillat Beth Israel, Ottawa
- Rabbi Adam Cutler, Adath Israel, Toronto
- Rabbi Ilana Krygier Lapides, Beth Tzedec, Calgary
But to kick things off, Avi Finegold talks to guest co-host Rabbi Dr. Rachael Turkienicz, the spiritual leader of Beit Rayim in York Region, and our inaugural Sermon Slam winner.
Bonjour Chai is hosted by Avi Finegold and Phoebe Maltz Bovy. Zachary Kauffman is the producer and editor. Michael Fraiman is the executive producer. Our theme music is by Socalled. The show is a co-production from The Jewish Learning Lab and The CJN, and is distributed by The CJN Podcast Network. Support the show by subscribing to this podcast, donating to The CJN and subscribing to the podcast’s Substack.